Spring Lake Farm forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Farmer

Bile, negativity, dark thoughts and reality.

I had one of you for a visit a week ago or so. Always a little nervous when my customers come, do they know what a farm in reality looks like? Better when the sun is shining and everything nice, but you never know, might be a sick or a dead animal you missed that morning, a million mishaps possible on a farm. But we got through it,  a nice visit. I really like interacting with you even though I might get a little hyper, a personallity trade running in my family.

Been thinking about I should have a separate discussion on negative things. You can then skip it and I get things of my chest. I start to get resentful having to be hip and everything on the up and up all the time, my reality just not like that. Sometimes I feel as if I am on the eastern front.

It is not easy doing this, the most difficult part how alone one is. Not many understand today what farming is really about. 

Years past rural communities were about farming,  everybody understood the issues, either you were a farmer or in a profession supporting farming. In those days if your cows broke through a fence, everybody knew how to handle it and would help. Today if my cows brake out, people get irritated as if the cows do not belong here anymore. This is still very much a rural community, but for some reason people act as if they live in the suburbs. Has to do with all the farms around me gone under, only empty land. More negativity later, a lot more.

Eastern front..png

• Like 1

A cruel word this is

eat and be eaten

the last meal for the worms

unless they cremate me

then no good for nothing

burn father burn

and the patriarchy with you

may the flame reach the heavens

joining the flames of heretics and witches

burn fathers burn.

the-scream.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/the-latest-blow-to-struggling-family-farms-rising-interest-rates/2018/06/01/ec4d192a-5aac-11e8-b656-a5f8c2a9295d_story.html?utm_term=.8c3e59a8a9fc

Found this article in the Washington Post Yesterday, just the same old same old on how us farmers are going down. Is it an Icelandic saying or do we have it here:  "too late to cover the well when the child has drowned in it". Or this one "too late when it is in your pants". Actually not an exact translation "too late to grab your ass when it is in your pants".

This has been coming at us for years and the raise in interest rates only the dam bursting, not going to be pretty. This globalisation especially with food has a built in disaster in it. If the dam doesn't go now then just later, the water rising.

When I don't know, but it is coming down the pike. Nothing to worry about here in our valley, all farmers gone except me and I am not going anywhere.

One thing interesting in the comments, everybody blaming it on Trump, nothing to do with him, has been coming for a long time.

I heard on the local Radio, the cost per hundred weight to produce milk for the small producer is about $40.  For the factories with more than 1000 cows about $22. Now with the milk surplus the government is not doing anything to support the small producers while these dairy factories are drowning the market. Guess who has the lobbyists in DC and the money to buy a few politicians? 

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this